Thursday, December 31, 2009
10 Things That Made Me Happy in 2009
1. My husband's sense of humor
3. Fixing up our house
4. Cape Cod
5. Extra time off
6. Boston in the Spring
7. Spending Time with Family
8. The Best Day Ever
9. Watching Alex Run
10. Parties in the Country
I'm not really going make any resolutions this year. I find that they don't work. But I am going to try my best not worry as much about certain things that I have no control over and focus my energy on the things that are the most important to me.
Here's to a fantastic 2010! Happy New Year!!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
1. Spend 2 weeks in Ireland
2. Visit all of my former childhood homes
3. Play the slots in Las Vegas
4. Sit in the front row of a Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots game
5. Learn how to knit
6. Watch my son graduate from college
7. Drive across country in the Mini
8. Visit all 50 states
9. Cruise the Mediterranean
10. Gorge myself on Chic-Fil-A sandwiches
11. Go to the Olympics (as a spectator)
12. Ride a mechanical bull
13. Knit a sweater
14. Write a book
15. Swim with dolphins
16. Go to the World Series or Super Bowl
17. Have a Mint Julep at the Kentucky Derby
18. Go on a long train ride and stay in a sleeper car
19. Go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
20. Learn how to play golf
21. Run a 5k road race
22. Run a 10k road race
23. Run a Marathon
24. Visit New Orleans during Mardi Gras
25. Go to the Great Wall of China
26. Stay at the Contemporary Resort at Disney World
27. Be a contestant on a game show
28. Publish a book
29. Visit Athens, Greece
30. Cook a meal with Rachael Ray
31. Whiten my teeth
32. Spend a week (at least) in Key West. In the winter.
33. Play 18 holes of golf
34. Spend 2 weeks in Hawaii
35. Visit Audrey Hepburn's Star on the Walk of Fame
I know I could (and probably will) come up with more things I'd like to do. But this is a great start. Obviously some of them are pretty far-fetched. But why not dream big! Now go ahead and make your own list! Now I just need to win the lottery so I can get working on my list...
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
I had a doctor's appointment at 1:30 to have my neck re-examined. (I've been having muscle issues...) While I was there, he took my temperature (It was 100 degrees) and looked at my throat. And immediately prescribed me some antibiotics for my Strep Throat. Then I went back to work. I felt lousy, so I got everything done that I needed to get done and headed home a little early, hoping to stop at Wegmans to fill my prescription.
But as I sat at a stoplight, 3 miles from home. I got rear-ended. The damage was thankfully minimal. My neck went for a nice bouncy ride though. And it wasn't feeling that great to begin with. So they called an ambulance, had me looked over, filled out a police report and an hour or so later, sent us on our way. But not after another accident happened right in front of us. Commuters were not pleased with the huge back-up of traffic...
I was only able to snap a couple of photos. This was taken right as the ambulance got there. He was talking to the woman in front of me, the one that I hit. Due to the force of being hit from behind, I managed to slam into the car in front of me. The driver was fine, her car only had a couple of scratches. And she desperately wanted to be on her way. She had 4 children at home waiting for her.
The sun set before I left. In front of the paramedic is the other accident that happened because of our accident. I was so happy when I finally made it home tonight. If ever there was a day that I've thought I should have stayed in bed, this would have been it!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Eric's trip was very short, and they crammed a lot into their one day of shooting. He was happy to be home and said he felt like he had been beat up after lugging cameras and equipment all over the city.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
* It's finally starting to feel like winter. But we have some catching up to do, we're last in the Golden Snow Globe contest. Which is fine with me, but unfortunately, that just means we'll be getting slammed. It's snowing now and is supposed to snow all day tomorrow too... so maybe we'll be moving up in the ranks.
* Eric has been out of town working in NYC. He's on his way back home right now. Hopefully he'll be home before midnight. And hopefully before it really starts snowing hard. He took my little camera with him, so maybe I'll post some photos soon (if he got a chance to take any). They were super busy and not there for very long!
* Tonight Alex and I had our annual Red Lobster mother-son dinner. He always gets me a gift card for my birthday and I enjoy getting to go to dinner with him. It seems to have become a tradition, and I like it! I kind of ate too much though... so I'm sort of uncomfortable as I type this... but it was sooo very good! I had the broiled seafood platter and Alex had the grilled salmon.
* I graduated today! From having to do 6-month mole checks, to only having to them once a year. That's a good thing. My doctor said I passed with flying colors and she didn't want to see me again for a year. Unless of course something becomes suspicious. But, as long as I keep staying out of the sun and loading on the sunscreen when I have to be in the sun, I should be ok.
* We have a couple more Christmas parties in the next week. My company party is Friday night, Eric's is next Tuesday. We're hoping to be able to attend them both. But the calendar sure is filling up. With appointments, athletic events, practices, etc. It sure is a busy time of year.
* Does anyone watch LOST?? I just saw a promo for the new (and final) season. I'm so excited to start watching it again! I hope they start showing some recaps soon so I can remember what was going on...
* We've been searching lately for a place to vacation next summer. I seem to always do that when the weather gets cold. It gives me something to look forward to! I've found interesting rentals in the following areas: The Cape, Lake Winnipesaukee, Lake Ontario, and the Poconos. Where should we go?? I love them all... too bad we can't stay a week at each place!
* Hmm. Only 10 days 'til Christmas. Are you ready??
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tomorrow is Friday! This week seemed to go by rather slowly... but it's almost the weekend. We have our first holiday party to attend Saturday evening. Should be a fun time! I hope everybody is getting in the Christmas spirit. Now that it's snowing and freezing cold out, it's starting to feel like Christmas. In fact, 2 weeks from tomorrow is the big day. Are you done with your shopping yet?!
Monday, December 7, 2009
So here we go... it'll be a simple week. Lots of favorites, and nothing out of the ordinary.
Monday: Baked Haddock, Rice, Corn
Tuesday: DIY Night (track practice)
Wednesday: Ham Steak and Baked Mac 'n Cheese
Thursday: Make your own Pizza night
Friday: Potato Soup
Saturday: Boyd's Holiday Party
As always, please check out Organizing Junkie for more great Menu Planning ideas!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
We're planning on putting up the 9' tree this weekend. Well, I'm planning on it... and I'm hoping the rest of the family will help! It's an awfully big tree...