Thursday, June 30, 2011
25 Things I Learned During our Disney World Vacation*
1. June is the “rainy” season. Never go to Disney World in June.
2. Disney charges way too much for every single thing they sell. Be prepared to spend a LOT of money.
3. Rain ponchos at Disney World are the best $8.50 you will ever spend if you go to Disney World in June.
4. Only about 3% of the people at Disney World actually look like they’re having fun. The rest look miserable, hot and annoyed.
5. I saw a friend I used to work with that I hadn’t seen in over 10 years. It really is a small world.
6. Taxi drivers in Disney World take you for a ride. A very long, slow ride, way out of the way and charge you 10 times what the actual price should be.
7. I can’t believe people take newborns to Disney. Especially during the summer. It’s HOT.
8. Japanese beer is gross. Beer from England is good.
9. Blueberry muffins shaped like Mickey Mouse from the Boardwalk Bakery are really very tasty.
10. JetBlue is the best airline ever and they give you complimentary Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Oh and you get to watch TV. Your own private TV, any channel you want. So cool.
11. The best time to go on rides at the Magic Kingdom when it's peak season is during the parades.
12. The Swan/Dolphin is the best hotel at Disney, due to the location. It’s a 10 minute walk/boat ride to Epcot.
13. Boats are a much better mode of transportation than buses.
14. Eric looks silly in a Fez.
15. The absolute best way ever to get from the Orlando Airport to the hotel is a limo.
16. Epcot is the best of the 4 theme parks.
17. Animal Kingdom is hot. And kind of boring.
18. "It’s a Small World" is still my favorite ride.
19. Best pizza ever? At Wolfgang Puck in Downtown Disney. Pepperoni and Mushroom.
20. My hair hates humidity. Really, really hates it.
21. Disney employs 50,000 people.
22. Roller Coasters aren’t as scary when it’s dark. And the Fast Pass rocks.
23. Occasionally you can be in the right place at the right time and get to have your picture taken with all the Disney Characters all at once, and with nobody else around.
24. Nobody does fireworks like Disney.
25. Teenage boys can survive 7 days without playing video games.
I'll post more pictures the next few days. We took over 1,500 photos between us, so I've got some sorting to do! And laundry... and grocery shopping... and sleeping...
* I'm totally copying Rebecca with my "list"....